Careers at our Corporate Office
The way we see it at Baltimore Life, you're choosing us for rewarding career opportunities as much as we're choosing you. So, allow us to gain your confidence.
Baltimore Life was founded in 1882. With an emphasis on building and preserving high quality assets, the company has kept its commitments to policyholders throughout the years.
But just because we've been around for years doesn't mean we are standing still. We are always seeking innovative people.
Baltimore Life is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And, as members of the Baltimore Life team, our employees enjoy challenging work, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
We currently have the following position(s) open for employment at our home office location in Owings Mills, Maryland.
Interested candidates should email or fax a resume and cover letter to:
The Baltimore Life Insurance Company
Human Resources Department
10075 Red Run Boulevard
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117-4871
Property and Casualty Insurance Specialist
The Property and Casualty Insurance Specialist acts as a licensed agent selling Liberty Mutual personal lines property and casualty products exclusively. They are an employee of the Baltimore Life Insurance Company, and a resource for the Career Agency Sales Group that sells primarily Life and Annuity products. This position reports to the Regional Manager.
- Act as a resource for agents to conduct need/exposure assessment on their prospective clients, which involves interviews to obtain data about their property and casualty needs and coverage gaps
- Conduct first line underwriting risk evaluations on prospective clients in accordance with established rules and guidelines and develop quotes
- Perform sales calls and act as an adviser/expert in P&C insurance products
- Coordinate and oversee agency training program for agents who are P&C licensed
- Assist in the processing of new business
- Complete 30 day follow-ups on new policies in order to keep retention level high and take advantage of cross-selling opportunities
- Assist in establishing marketing campaigns with follow-up contact
- Work with agents in reviewing quality accounts and analyzing customers' insurance needs.
- Coordinate activities to ensure quality customer service, act as initial contact in addressing customer concerns regarding establishment of policies and new account status
- Act as an advocate for integrating P&C into the agency sales process
- Ensure new business applications are processed accurately
- Ensure timely follow-up throughout the new business processing cycle, from submission to reporting of the policy
- Provide superior customer service
Qualifications (Skills, Education, Training, and Registrations) Required
- P&C licensed
- Proficient use of computers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training, plus 1-3 years of relevant work experience necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and analytical skills necessary
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with varying time constraints
- General working knowledge of companies’ services, products and marketing techniques, insurance contracts, preferred but not required
- Applied understanding of new business process
The Baltimore Life Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.